Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Getting ready for another trip

        I've just volunteered, and been accepted, for another Operation Smile medical mission - this time to Santa Cruz, Bolivia.  I'll be going soon.  Bolivia you ask?  Yes, it's not on the regular tourist route, and there are security concerns, but I think it will be quite an experience.  The mission hopes to complete over 100 cleft lip and cleft palate repairs during the time we're there doing surgeries.  I'll be gone almost two weeks by the time air travel is added.  It will be 24 to 36 hours duration for the flights from Honolulu.  That's the part I'm not looking forward to. 
      In the meantime I've just received my new edition of Family Tree Maker 2011 for my genealogy database on my computer.  I've installed it and am adding to my family tree - pictures today... The only difference I've noted so far is that it seems to be working slowly.  Maybe it's my computer.  I've been working on the Squier, Hague, and Akin lines lately.

No comments: