Tuesday, February 24, 2015

News update of Donna's happenings

It's been quite a while since I've taken the time to add a post here, so I want to catch up a little.  I'm in Guadalajara, Mexico, right now and preparing to return home soon.  I'm just completed another Operation Smile volunteer medical mission to repair cleft lip and cleft palate defects in children of the world.
   Going back to 2014, I was very happy to have been asked to three missions - all in the first part of the year:  Phnom Penh, Cambodia; Tegucigalpa, Honduras; Pampanga, Philippines.  All were wonderful experiences and hundreds of children had their lives transformed.
    After the Cambodia and Honduras missions, I stayed on my own in the cities in order to see more of the area when I wasn't working in the hospitals.  I learn so much by getting out on my own.
    After that I flew to Denver to celebrate the first birthday of my great-grandson, Wesley.  He is a real joy and doing very well.  Unfortunately, I had a hospitalization for small intestine obstruction which was three days, but I was in the ER when my plane flew off to Denver, so flight arrangements were quickly made.  Luckily I had plenty of time before friends and family of Wesley gathered for his big day.  I spent a couple weeks in Denver.     I'll make a new post to describe the last half of 2014.  It was a very busy year!  Maybe I'll be more organized and able to add photos soon.
    To be continued as time allows...!

No comments: