Monday, November 17, 2008

November is here, Christmas is coming - Stocking Stuffers Picture

In preparation for Christmas, and in response to "Smile For the Camera" - a Blog Carnival for genealogy, with a subject of "Stocking Stuffer" - I've found a photograph to submit for this December's Blog Carnival. My "Stocking Stuffer" photo is ME in a Christmas Stocking. It was my first Christmas and my parents hung a big stocking with me as the stuffer. My brother, Richard Hague, is standing next to me (Donna) in front of our fireplace, in Los Angeles, California. He's probably thinking that this was not what he had asked Santa for! The year was 1945. I hope the hook was sturdy, but I guess it was, as I don't remember becoming unstuffed if it gave way. I'm wearing a pink crochet top that my great-grandmother, Edith (Akins) Blanding probably made for me when I was born. Previous editions of "Smile For The Camera" can be found at the "FootnoteMaven's website: http://www.shadesofthedeparted.com/

4 comments:

Judith Richards Shubert said...

Donna, this is the most precious photograph! Perfect for this Carnival. I'm especially fond of your pink crocheted top. I used to crochet for my little ones and this reminds me of those little things.

Bob Kramp said...

Really cute! They would have to use a railroad spike to hang me up on the mantle.

Janet Iles said...

What a great Christmas present. Your brother does have that questioning look. I am sure he was pleased to have you as his little sister.

Taylorstales-Genealogy said...

Donna,
What a terrific stocking stuffer picture! I think I would frame this one! Merry Christmas!