Friday, November 26, 2010

Back from Bolivia

It's been over a month since I returned from Bolivia.  There, with Operation Smile, we did 115 surgeries on kids with cleft lip or cleft palate.  This was in Santa Cruz, Bolivia, in the low land, southern part.  I enjoyed the challenge and was happy at the great success achieved by everyone's hard work there.







Since then I thought I'd settle back and enjoy living in Hawaii and doing some genealogy. Well, I was asked to fulfill a need with an mega-mission to Guwahati, India for two weeks in January/February 2011. At first I declined, but later changed my mind, as I know I can make a difference in so many lives. The plan is to do at least 250 kids by our team. I have never been to India, and have decided to extend a week on my own to see some of the sights around Delhi - like the Taj Mahal at Agra, and Juipur.

Thanksgiving was great, and I am looking forward to spending Christmas with my daughter, Alisa and all the family in Arizona. 

1 comment:

Michelle Goodrum said...

You have a heart of gold!